Details of the specialist clinical services that are provided in relation to Paediatric Endocrinology, including special assessment and treatment for endocrine disorders; the investigation, diagnosis and treatment of endocrine causes of growth disorders; and the provision of a regional service for the monitoring of diabetic complications.
Paediatric Endocrinology Research
- Development and Evaluation of a Psychosocial Intervention for Children and Teenagers Experiencing Diabetes (DEPICTED): a protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial of the effectiveness of a communication skills training programme for healthcare professionals working with young people with type 1 diabetes.
McNamara R, Robling M, Hood K, Bennert K, Channon S, Cohen D, Crowne E, Hambly H, Hawthorne K, Longo M, Lowes L, Playle R, Rollnick S, Gregory JW, Bmc Health Serv Res, Volume 10 (2010) p. 36
- A large-conductance (BK) potassium channel subtype affects both growth and mineralization of human osteoblasts.
Henney NC, Li B, Elford C, Reviriego P, Campbell AK, Wann KT, Evans BA, Am J Physiol Cell Physiol, Volume 297, 6 (December 2009) pp.C1397-C1408
- The Death Receptor 3-TNF-like protein 1A pathway drives adverse bone pathology in inflammatory arthritis.
Bull MJ, Williams AS, Mecklenburgh Z, Calder CJ, Twohig JP, Elford C, Evans BA, Rowley TF, Slebioda TJ, Taraban VY, Al-Shamkhani A, Wang EC, J Exp Med, Volume 205, 11 (October 2008) pp.2457-2464
- A multicenter randomized controlled trial of motivational interviewing in teenagers with diabetes.
Channon SJ, Huws-Thomas MV, Rollnick S, Hood K, Cannings-John RL, Rogers C, Gregory JW, Diabetes Care, Volume 30, 6 (June 2007) pp.1390-1395
- Skeletal morbidity in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
Davies JH, Evans BA, Jenney ME, Gregory JW, Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), Volume 63, 1 (July 2005) pp.1-9