Immunology & Cancer Immunotherapy
The Immunology & Cancer Immunotherapy research theme within the Cardiff Institute of Infection & Immunity consists of research groups that mainly work in the areas of cellular and molecular immunology.
The section brings together clinicians and scientists and spans the whole gamut from structural studies of receptors through to clinical immunotherapy trials.
- Structural basis for the killing of human beta cells by CD8(+) T cells in type 1 diabetes.
Bulek AM, Cole DK, Skowera A, Dolton G, Gras S, Madura F, Fuller A, Miles JJ, Gostick E, Price DA, Drijfhout JW, Knight RR, Huang GC, Lissin N, Molloy PE, Wooldridge L, Jakobsen BK, Rossjohn J, Peakman M, Rizkallah PJ, Sewell AK, Nat Immunol, Volume 13, 3 (March 2012) pp.283-289
- A single autoimmune T cell receptor recognizes more than a million different peptides.
Wooldridge L, Ekeruche-Makinde J, van den Berg HA, Skowera A, Miles JJ, Tan MP, Dolton G, Clement M, Llewellyn-Lacey S, Price DA, Peakman M, Sewell AK, J Biol Chem, Volume 287, 2 (January 2012) pp.1168-1177
- Prolonged antigen survival and cytosolic export in cross-presenting human gammadelta T cells.
Meuter S, Eberl M, Moser B, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, Volume 107, 19 (May 2010) pp.8730-8735
- Genetic and structural basis for selection of a ubiquitous T cell receptor deployed in Epstein-Barr virus infection.
Miles JJ, Bulek AM, Cole DK, Gostick E, Schauenburg AJ, Dolton G, Venturi V, Davenport MP, Tan MP, Burrows SR, Wooldridge L, Price DA, Rizkallah PJ, Sewell AK, Plos Pathog, Volume 6, 11 (2010) p. e1001198
- Germ line-governed recognition of a cancer epitope by an immunodominant human T-cell receptor.
Cole DK, Yuan F, Rizkallah PJ, Miles JJ, Gostick E, Price DA, Gao GF, Jakobsen BK, Sewell AK, J Biol Chem, Volume 284, 40 (October 2009) pp.27281-27289