Since its foundation in 1893, the School of Medicine has been committed to the pursuit of improved human health, through education, research and engagement with the wider world. We are a major centre for teaching and research and make a positive difference to the way medicine is practised in Wales, the UK and internationally.
- New test predicts survival in blood cancer patients Cardiff University9th July 2014Scientists have developed a test which accurately predicts the prognosis for patients with the most common form of leukaemia. The findings could also inform the development of a prognostic test for patients with other forms of cancer.
- Infection & Immunity Newsletter 2014 9th July 2014Second newsletter of the Cardiff Institute of Infection and Immunity, covering the period of 2013-2014
Institutes in the School
Administrative and support offices, academic departments, research groups and other units within the School.
- HTC 10th July to 21st November Dates for the Submission of Ideas
- Ms Mala Mann: Systematic Reviews & Medical Education - seminar & workshop 10th September, 12.30‑16.00 Examining the rationale behind systematic reviews and identifying the characteristics of a systematic review (booking for seminar and/or workshop essential)Venue: UHW Main Building
- RDCS Workshop 2014 15th September, 09.30 The3rd annual RDCS workshop will be held in the Glamorgan Building, Cardiff University, on 15 September 2014Venue: Glamorgan Building